Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup National Winner!
Jan 28, 2019 General Motors of Canada notified us that Watrous Mainline had been named the first ever National Chevrolet Dealer Good Deeds Cup Champion.
Chevrolet Canada has challenged PeeWee teams across Canada to submit video of their off-ice good deeds. In addition to this ongoing promotion, Chevrolet challenged their Dealers to come up with their own video submissions of their Community involvement and battle for the National Title of “Chevrolet Dealer Good Deeds Cup Champion”.
Watrous Mainline Motor Products Limited came up with the concept to pass Good Deeds along. We started by giving away coffee one morning at our two local gas stations. The coffee came with a business card coffee coupon that encouraged the recipient to “pass along the Good Deed” by giving the coupon away.
Then Watrous Mainline “passed on” the Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup to other local businesses asking them to continue the Good Deeds with a project of their own. We were able to record the Good Deeds of these businesses and complete our video submission.
Our submission demonstrated that "Every good deed creates a ripple with no end". Watrous Mainline was awarded the title of Chevrolet Dealer National Winner that came with $10,000 to be donated to the charity of our choice. We have selected Camp Easter Seal and the Watrous and District Rural Fire Association to each receive $5,000 from Watrous Mainline Motor Products and Chevrolet.
Unfortunately, our PeeWees were not named as one of the 10 finalists, but we are very proud of their efforts on, and off the ice.
Thanks goes to Pip’s Esso, Saskatoon Co-op - Watrous Branch, Blair’s Fertilizer -Watrous,
Cervus Equipment -Watrous and Watrous Pharmacy for their participation.
- It costs an average of $1,725 to send one kid to camp for a week
- In 2018, SaskAbilities were able to increase the number of campers attending the season to just over 700 because of donations from people like you
- Camp Easter Seal is the only barrier free camp of its kind in Saskatchewan
- Campers have an increase in self-esteem, improved self-determination and enhanced social and communication skills.
- Many campers look forward to their visit to Camp Easter Seal all year long
- Click on the logos above to donate. Camp Easter Seal donation website: www.saskabilities.ca/support-us/support-us/donate/donate-to-camp-easter-seal